Thursday 19 December 2013

Chocolate coconut laddoo

Christmas is round the corner and we all are busy baking some thing or the other. I have also started baking since few days and am enjoying the aromas of freshly baked stuff in my house. Recently I discovered to make healthy fruit cakes with whole wheat flour and honey,to substitute maida and sugar. I never knew that cakes can taste so delicious even with the ordinary atta. Will soon share the recipe of them soon.
Today while making chocolate,yes I know, I will make em again and publish the recipe. Back to the point,while making chocolate,a minor mistake happened,which led to this new recipe which is quick and apt for Christmas. While melting white chocolate on a double boiler,I didn't realise that the water was touching my chocolate utensil base,so as soon as I added butter,it started curdling and butter started getting cooked. Immediately I pulled the utensil out and randomly started adding ingredients and voila a new recipe got discovered. Before I again got lazy of writing,I thought of sharing it right away in my blog

Ingredients

1. White chocolate compound -1/2 cup
2. Butter - 1/4 cup
3. Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
4. Brown sugar - 1/4 cup(powdered)
5. Coconut powder - 1/2 cup approx

Method

On a double boiler melt white chocolate compound along with butter. Once they melt completely remove from flame,now mix in sugar powder,cocoa powder and coconut powder to form a soft dough. Once they cool down a little and you find it comfortable to handle,make laddoos out of them. Now Refridgerate for 30 mins and roll some coconut powder for garnishing. I have simply sprinkled some of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment