Wednesday 21 August 2013

Beans kabab

Nowadays visiting vegetable market has become quite an experience for me. In summers it's only the Ac hyper markets are the only resort for me,since summers are terrible in Northern India.But ever since rainy season has arrived weekly vegetable shopping is a very exciting feeling for me. Vegetables are fresh and variety is to spoil for. 
Although I have named it as beans kabab,but these are those flat beans which are called "gawarfali" in Hindi. Somehow I prefer this little bitter taste of gawarfali than the ordinary beans. I was actually aiming to make steamed kabab,but felt lazy and instead fried them with very less oil in a non-stick pan. You can make this with ordinary beans also if you like it.
I prefer making my own spice powders and paste,but recently was not getting ginger in my nearby shop. So out of compulsion went ahead and bought ginger garlic paste. Right now,I am finding them so handy in making kababs and tikkis,even for tadka in dals,that from now on have decided to keep some stock always in the refrigerator,although for curries and gravies I prefer my good old way of peeling,chopping and preparing paste.

I made this recipe this rakhi for the evening tea.

Ingredients

1. Beans - 100 gms(finely chopped)
2. Ginger garlic paste - 1tsp
3. Besan - 4tsp(for binding,alter as necessary)
4. Green chillies - 2 nos( finely chopped)
5. Cumin powder - 1 tsp(roasted and grounded)
6. Salt to taste
7. Mustard oil for pan frying.
8. Potato - 3nos(medium in size,boiled and mashed)

Method

Mix all the ingredients except oil in a mixing bowl. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Shape kababs out of the mix and pan fry them until golden brown. Initially cook in high flame and then in low flame so that they get cooked thoroughly. Enjoy with a hot cuppa of tea in this monsoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment