Wednesday 1 January 2014

Healthy cake

A very happy new year to all my readers. May you have a healthy and blessed 2014. New year eve parties have become quite  popular nowadays. Every housing complex have their own fun parties and celebrations. Yesterday I also saw so many news channels covering live parties from various cities,I liked watching them. We all have definitely progressed with well maintained hair,skin and trendy outfits,but one thing I noticed that fitness is one thing which most of us are lacking. Most of the people in the parties enjoying,I saw were having bulging bellies. Somehow we all should focus on our inner body well being too,along with the exterior maintenance.

This cake I made is healthy,cos I did not use maida which means it's glutin free plus no added sugar. Although I covered a thin layer of icing, to decorate,but you may avoid if you wish.

Ingredients

1. Whole wheat flour(atta)- 1cup
2. Organic honey - 4tbsp
3. Orange rind - 2tsp
4. Orange juice - 1/4 cup
5. Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
6. Baking powder - 1 tsp
7. Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
8. Eggs - 3 nos
9. Vegetable oil - 1/3 cup
10. Chocolate vermicelli to decorate
11. Whipped cream to decorate( I simply whipped cream with powdered sugar till it form peaks)

Method

Sift the flour,baking power,baking soda in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs,to it add honey,oil and whisk further. Now add vanilla essence,orange juice,orange rind and mix well. Now add the dry ingredients and mix to form a smooth batter. Grease a baking tin and pour the batter to it. Now bake in a preheated oven at 180deg centigrade for 15- 20 mins or till a needle comes out clean when pricked. Let it cool on a rack and cover with the icing. Sprinkle the chocolate vermeicelli and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment