Monday 10 March 2014

Healthy mutton curry with zucchini and coconut milk

The beginning of mall culture in India not only gave us variety in fashion,electronics,eatery departments but for persons like me,a new place to shop endlessly for my kitchen. Whenever I visit mall,I end up buying something for my kitchen,even a small container or crockery,anything. Result is over the years,my kitchen is full of colour with many handy and useful items. Whenever my Mom or Mom-in-law visit my house,they say that it looks like a small kitchenware shop in itself.heehee. No wonder I really enjoy spending time there,although I can still accommodate many more items :-)
Now hubby dearest is also showing interest in shopping for my kitchen. Recently we had gone to bigbazar,to my utter surprise I saw my hubby carrying some beautiful and bright coloured bowls and matching serving spoons,while I was engrossed in grocery section. When I queried about the crockery,he said "I thought you would have loved it so for your kitchen". I wanted to jump in joy,but managed with a broad grin. Lol
So here is this simple recipe,in my new bowl,vegetarian readers you may substitute with paneer/mushroom/soya chunks,Will taste heavenly and is fast to cook.

Method

1. Boneless mutton pieces - 250 gms
2. Zucchini - 250 gms( chopped)
3. Spring onions - 200 gms (chopped)
4. Ginger grated - 1tsp
5. Garlic grated - 2tsp
6. Green chillies - 3 nos(finely chopped)
7. Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
8. Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
9. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
10. Salt to taste
11. Mustard oil - 2 tsp
12. Tomatoes - 2 no medium size chopped
13. Coconut milk - 200 ml ( I had used dabur homemade tetra pack can)

Method

Heat oil in a pressure cooker,add cumin seeds,coriander seeds,allow to splutter. Now add grated ginger,garlic,chilly and fry till they start change colour. Now add the mutton pieces and fry for few mins in low flame. Add salt and turmeric powder along with 1 cup of water and close the lid,cooking on high flame. After the first whistle,lower the flame and cook for at least 25 mins till the mutton is cooked. Once the steam dissipates open the pressure cooker lid and place the cooker back on flame. Add zucchini and allow to cook on medium flame for 3 min approx. now add tomato and half of the spring onion,cook in medium flame for 1 mins approx. If it becomes too dry add some water. Now add coconut milk and cook for 1 more minute. Garnish with remaining spring onion and serve piping hot with steamed rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment